- Date of Birth Jun 11, 2001
- slide_template default
- eg_vimeo_ratio 0
- eg_youtube_ratio 0
- eg_wistia_ratio 0
- eg_html5_ratio 0
- eg_soundcloud_ratio 0
Goose is fulfilling his promise in the field and agility field. He entered the GRCA’s Agility Dog Hall of Fame and completed his Senior Hunter in 2008 and earned his Master Agility Championship in July 2009. Since then, he has gone on to earn the GRCA’s Versatility Certificate Excellent for his success in field, conformation, agility and obedience. Goose is a high drive, high energy dog who lives to work. He learns quickly and is very biddable. He is naturally birdy with strong work in the water and on land. On the agility field, he is fast and focused.
Goose is also a well-built dog as evidenced by his passing the GRCA’s Conformation Certificate Assessment (CCA) on his first attempt and earning his Canadian championship in three weekends. He is a moderate dog with a superb front assembly, solid topline with a correct croup and tail set. He is nicely balanced front to rear and as a results, has lovely movement, with excellent reach and drive and clean movement coming and going. He carries phenomenal muscle tone, regardless of the amount of work he gets. His coat is correct in texture and amount for a working retriever. He has a lovely dark eye and full dention with a correct scissors bite. His expression is intelligent and eager. He stands 23 1/2″ tall and weighs 70 pounds.
Goose has a phenomenal golden temperament, interacting easily with all kinds of dogs and people. He epitomizes the golden Standard–confident, eager, intelligent. I (Gayle) recently took him on a trip without Lise and Goose never missed a beat. He traveled easily with me, was never insecure about being away from home, played with intact males he had never met before and proved to be truly easy to live with.
Goose became a GRCA Outstanding Sire before his first litter turned 4. His kids are excelling in obedience, agility, field and tracking. His titled kids include:
- HR UH Gaylan’s One With the Wind UD MH OA NAJ WCX VCX CCA
- MACH3 U-CD Gaylan’s Wind Off the Water CDX RN MXF TQX TD ADHF TN-N CGC TDI
- OTCH Gaylan’s Tradewind o’erthDoone UDX4 OM2 MX MXJ MXF ODHF ADHF CCA (multiple HIT/HC winner)
- CT Gaylan’s Wild Goose Chase JH OA OAJ WC (TD and TDX at 8 months of age; VST and CT at 19 months)
- Gaylan’s Dancing in the Wind MX MXJ TDX CCA CGC
- Gaylan’s Fly Like the Wind JH MX MXJ WC CCA
- Gaylan’s Son Of A Goose JH WC CCA
- Gaylan’s Wild Fly’n Kansas Quail CDX RN JH AX AXJ WCX (HITs)
- Gaylan’s Duck Creek Wild Turkey RN AX MXJ XF CGC TDI
- Gaylan’s I Am Not A Gaggle Can. CDX JH WCX
- Gaylan’s Silver Springs Ducks Gotta Fly OA NAJ NF WCX CGC
- Gaylan’s Grey Goose Happy Hour AX MXJ OF
- Crossroad’s Meadowlark RE JH NAJ WC
Thanks to the breeders who have included Goose in their breeding program.
- Lynn Paraskeva, Rushmore Goldens
- Melissa Fairweather, Parhelion Goldens
- Tara Perby, Crossroads Goldens
Health & Screenings
GR-82447E33M-P PHIP .38/.50
CERF GR-27477 10/08; prcd-PRA Normal